Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone with children to look after?

[St...]

I've been off my diazepam for 6 days now, and haven't slept properly for all that time. I'm just feeling very alone in this but I have a 2 year old that I need to care for. Anyone in the same boat? Just want to feel less alone in this. The lack of sleep has really messed me up but I need to get through the days for my son.

hi yes i have two kids ages 4 and 6

my husband has been doing most of the caring

we have a nanny

i try to come in and cuddle etc but really in a bad way this week

i dont feel safe enough to drive

too out of it

i am trying to stabilize at 1mg

this is super hard as a parent

the lack of sleep post birth is what set me off to try ativan in the first place

BIGGEST REGRET EVER

So sorry for your situation. I went through with kids but they were much older and could take care of themselves. They had to make dinner for themselves a few times when I was out of it. Now things are so much better and I'm glad to be off of Klonopin.

You'll get through eventually. Don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe lower your expectations and do the minimum to get by. Look forward to a time when this is behind you and you're more present in son's life!

I have a suggestion, modest, but perhaps it would work. My suggestion comes from my experience of asking HS teachers to announce to her class that Mrs. C is looking for a (creative writer / dancer / artist ) VOLUNTEER to come over to her "12 year old girls' summer club." This grew out of being on the edge of taking a hammer to my daughter's iPhone.

It worked! Four young women volunteered. In return they got COMMUNITY SERVICE to put on their resume (and I wrote each a letter on my professional letterhead).

So: I bet you will be successful finding free babysitters for kids whose parent has an ailment. Providing community service is huge. As people like Middle School and HS principals, health teachers, nurses. Ask head of nursing department at community service.

And ask clergy. There are church goers who invisibly/anonymously do all sorts of community-service work, especially for the sick and elderly.