Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

So many relationships to mend when I'm fully healed.

[Ex...]

For the most part I've isolated myself while going through my withdrawals, and of course I don't go telling my friends and family what's going so they are thinking I'm pulling away, or just don't want to be bothered with them. I have so many relationships to mend when I'm feeling better, but I try not to think about it right now because it stresses me out. I love my friends and family, but right now, I can't deal with them on the level that i used too. Some days are better than others. Some days I can go out with friends, talk on the phone and even have people over, but then when I get slammed, I go back into my cave to heal again. I know my friends and family don't understand, but I pray I'm able to repair these relationships when I'm better. Anyone else lost relationships through your withdrawals or taper?

I wouldn't say I've lost relationships but I did distance myself while tapering and while I'm currently going through AD withdrawal. I think it's normal since we don't feel ourselves. It's hard for us to have those close to us see us differently from what they knew us to be. So we tend to cling to others that truly understand what we are going through which is what these forums are for. It forms bonding support between strangers.

Ive had chronic pain for years and it is hard to maintain a social life so I really have o ly one friend left, and yes there is distance now

Ive had chronic pain for years and it is hard to maintain a social life so I really have o ly one friend left, and yes there is distance now

I'm right there with you. This is a lonely process, but we will get through this, and relationships will be mended, I'm sure of it. Stay positive.