Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tips on getting up in the morning?

[Ma...]

Hi Buddies,

I hope people are recovering fast.

I'm just after tips for getting up in time for early appointments? I struggle to get up and switch on enough to drive. How do you get to your job on time? Thanks in advance.

Can you make yourself your favorite breakfast the night before so you just have to heat it up and you'll have something to look forward to getting out of bed for? Did that make any sense, lol?

Mornings are really tough for me, because I feel horrid and toxic. What I do: radio comes on at 6:30am. I lie in bed in a stupor and listen to NPR until 7am. Then I drag myself out of bed, go to the loo, and then, no matter how shitty I feel, I roll out my yoga mat and spend about 10 minutes doing stretches and strengthening exercises.

Then I scoop the kitty litter box. I say to myself "my cats need me, I can't let them down". Freshen up their food and water bowls. Then into the kitchen to blend up my morning smoothie, which I assembled the night before. I make my lunch the night before too, and lay out my clothes.

In the car at 8am and on my way to work. It's really hard, and sometimes I stay home. But I get there most days.

Mornings are the worst for me too- I  am slow  and sluggish in the morning - don't really feel like I am in gear till about 11- didn't used to be that way before my taper.....  on the two days I go into work I just force myself to get up and into the shower before I can think too much about it. I also tell myself I can sleep in one of the non work days...for people who need to work 5 days a week that approach might not work...I try to get to bed early on work nights too.

Mornings are really rough. I take it one step at a time and never very from my system.

I worked my way into a routine, because some mornings it is too hard to think my way through all of the pain. The more i move it distracts my mind from the symptoms.

In the beginning it was hard for me to lift my feet and stay balanced when I walked out the door.

HI Mattlovescats.  I'm seven months out and I find it really hard to get up in the mornings.  I'm lucky to be able to take time off work and I can go back when I'm ready.  My heart goes out to the Buddies who have to go to work. You guys are amazing and I'm so proud of you all. 

I tend to lie in until 10.30 every morning.  This is mainly due to the fact from having a very restless sleep and feeling toxic.  I function better in the late morning and afternoon.  I know this isn't an ideal set up but I have to see this as my healing time and if my body needs the rest and sleep than it's okay.

I'm praying that as the days improve I can start to make an earlier start to my days.

Just do your best Matt and what suits you.

Look after YOU!!!

Tallow

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

I look forward to some tea in the morning so that kind of gets me up. I suffer from bad anxiety and/or depression in the morning so it's tough to get up.

Best way to get up early in the morning is to go to bed early the night before!

If you can, try to get some sunlight first thing in the morning. I was doing much better several weeks ago when the sun was out by the time I got out of bed. Hopefully, the upcoming time change will help me to get back on track. I really miss meditating in the morning sun. Good luck to you!