Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Switching from Xanax to Klonopin

[Il...]

I'm a new member here. Been on Xanax 2mg for 5 years my doctor just completely switched me over to Klonopin for my first weaning off benzo step. She put me on .25 in the morning, .25 PRN in afternoon, .50 at night! Anyone been through this?

Let me know how that works for you. I think going from 2 mg Xanax to 1 mg Klonopin would be a stretch but it may work since you are stretching it out over the day. I'm trying to do the same thing but 1.5 mg Xanax to 1.5 mg Klonopin. Seemed to work for me, slept most of the night last night, first time in a while. Wishing you the best!

Hi mommy- that's about a 50% cut in your total benzo dose. It might take a few days to catch up with you, but please consider asking your doctor if additional klonopin would be available if you need it. It's easier to have that conversation before you start feeling bad (not that you will!!). Crossovers are a balancing act, a direct crossover is tricky and a crossover to less than the full equivalent dose can be very tricky.

Take care,

JKS