Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Which Benzos Cause Most/Least Depression

[V1...]

...Here's a question appreciate if anyone knows answer ...does anyone know /of have a good resource about which benzodiazepines are most likely to cause severe depression when used long term and tolerance is hit. It may be all Benzos, but wondering if some are worse or better than others in the depression department

Thank you in advance :)

Valium (diazepam ) causes depression in my opinion. But I believe this is also documented this is why doctors usually prescribe the newer benzos: Ativan, Klonopin or xanax instead.  I crossed over from Klonopin to diazepam for my tapper and it definitely increased my depression.  But I did it anyways as I was not able to handle a direct tapper from K.

I feel like clonazepam does not cause any depression, at least in my case. but then i never had depression issues. so if you are a depression type it might be different

Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate. In my case it is Clonazapam that is causing the depression (moderate exercise completely takes away the depression but since traumatic injury exercise not good for me).....so my GP has been working with me to allow my PT to help get body healed first then slowly taper off C....however since depression really interfering with body healing .....deprrssion so bad that I literally am in agony if I lay off the exercise so I've been "throwing my body under the bus" so to speak to help function through the depression

Since my GP understands situation (this is at least a small miracle) feel he would be willing to side witch me to another Benzo & taper down now if any caused less depression (then I could at least stop exercise )...but sounds like hard to know which if any might cause less & Diazapam may be worse

Wellbutrin doesn't seem to be helping (I was desperate). Any other suggestions? It's crazy that a 20 minute swim can completely erase the depression.....but without literally can't function ....don't feel like I will every walk again (literaly) if I don't find solution to this chicken/egg .....I really hate Benzos (know I'm not alone 😞)