Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone had an EEG?

[St...]

If so was it useful for diagnosing problems or concomitant illnesses? I had an EEG done in a biofeedback setting that seemed to showing. I'm curious if I should follow up and with whom? Neurologist?

Not me but my husband did. Its supposed to show seizures. Its not a perfect test because you have to have the seizure during or right before the test. He had to wear the thing on his head for ten days and it didnt catch one.

But yep, the neuroligist would handle this.

I hope you are not having seizures

How would I even know? I don't feel any different. I've held for months at 2mg of Valium after tapering, after a long hold at 5mg. I don't feel much different than I have during most of my taper.

You would know if you have a seizure. Sometimes you just blank out, my husbands first seizure he just stood staring into space, when he snapped out he had dropped his glass of water and couldnt figure out why. So sometimes other people can spot them

Usually you have a headache and a period of confusion after

Okay. I definitely haven't experienced that. Not that I recall. I've had a lot of weird symptoms while tapering, but not that. Periods of memory loss, but nothing where I'm out of it.

Periods of memory loss could be seizures. You dont have to be out cold, just experience being in a room not knowing how you got there, etv

Who did the eeg? Follow up. It probably was a nuerologist. There are really good anti seizure meds. However, if youre having seizures due to wd I dont know. Its up to the Dr. You certainly want to get them under control if you are driving

The EEG was done as part of neurofeedback. So their context is just to improve parts of the brain that aren't "normal", but not necessarily diagnosing these larger ailments. That's why I'm wondering if I take it to a neurologist.

However, if they were not looking for seizures the neuro may order another one.  Like I said you have to actually be seizing or recent seizure for it to show up.  You may have to wear some apparatus on your head for a few days.

That's good to know that there are other medications. Thanks. I saw my doctor yesterday and she said she didn't think I needed to be tested unless I was symptomatic in any way.

Not unless u think u are really having seizues

I don't. I mostly didn't know what to do with that information that I have possible slowing.

I honestly don't know.  While that doesn't sound like seizures and could just be part of the benzo package, if you are having troubling symptoms because of it I would go to a neurologist.