Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Current opinions on moderate use of alcohol?

[Ma...]

I say NO.  Look at posts by nhbuck28 about alcohol and the responses.  If you want to throw gasoline on the fire in your brain, go for it.

Hi Matt.

I tried having a small glass of wine a few weeks ago at a dinner party. It went down fine and was lovely, but the next day I crashed into a wave, so I would have to say, don't do it.

It may be your fave.

But not worth the wave.

MATT.... Just looked at your signature.... If I read it correctly you are still ON benzos correct?  If you indeed you are, I say NO WAY IN HELL.... NO, NO.  Even the prescription bottle says NOT to drink alcohol.  That is a very dangerous combination.  I thought you were in wd and my answer was no.  It is a resounding NO if you are still not tapered and even if you were I would say no.

Hi there

Oh dear I'm a bit on the fence with this one,I don't agree with the people saying your pooring petrol on your brain,I see your on a very low dose of diazepam so the risks aren't life threatening,but if it doesn't agree with you don't do it. I was on a very high dose of diazepam and did drink quite regularly aswell,yes I know your not supposed to but I did for years and I'm not dead yet,there's lots of things that can make your symptoms worse both psychological and physiological,so just concentrate on getting better,over stressing about little things just makes us feel more ill.

If there is ANY chance I will have go through this

Withdraw again just for a drink, I doubt I will ever drink again

Not worth it

Thanks everyone, looks like I'm not drinking alcohol perhaps then?

Yeehaw, sorry I kept forgetting to update my signature. Have done so now. I jumped about 19 days ago.

Good, just saw your signature update.  Congratulation on your jump.  That makes me feel better re your question.  It is of course up to you.  I only stated my opinion and am in no way telling you you can't but I have given up sugar to help me get better.  I do not want to prolong any of my sxs or increase them or suffer any more than I have.  Alcohol has never been a problem for me.  Neither has caffeine from coffee so that is not even an issue for me.  I hope whether you do or don't that you have a speedy recovery.

I am looking at my diet and thinking a little planning might be a good thing in Post-Jumplandia. I plan on upping the proteins and green veggies and eliminating all sugar and bread . I will allow myself a limited amount of fruit and yogurt on a daily basis. The South Beach diet is good but very restrictive. I think the main thing is to keep it simple. For sure no alchohol.

No don't do it, I didn't drink for six days and was starting to feel better, well I shot a deer yesterday so I celebrated with beer last night, today I'm not feeling well I wasent as bad as before because I drank four nights a week so I stopped and I'm def felling the withdrawal today but I'm all done with alcohol for awhile we need to heal