Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

When should I continue to taper?

[...]

After holding at 1mg Klonopin for 10 weeks I still feel bad, should I wait until I feel better to continue the taper or should I go ahead and start slowly?. The plan is doing the rest with milk titration at a rate of 0.01mg a day.

I am sure we are all different but if I hold longer than 3 weeks I get worse not better, I have tried a couple of 4 week holds with the same results.

After holding at 1mg Klonopin for 10 weeks I still feel bad, should I wait until I feel better to continue the taper or should I go ahead and start slowly?. The plan is doing the rest with milk titration at a rate of 0.01mg a day.

I think your titration plan sounds good. :smitten:

You might be going into intolerance so holding longer might not help you. Just keep tapering slowly. I say if symptoms don't land you in the hospital and you are getting through each day, then you are strong enough to keep tapering.

You might be going into intolerance so holding longer might not help you. Just keep tapering slowly. I say if symptoms don't land you in the hospital and you are getting through each day, then you are strong enough to keep tapering.

My anxiety indoors is manageable, but I can't go outside much because of the agoraphobia :(. I had hoped that it would have gotten better during the last 10 weeks, but it hasn't.

For me 2 weeks is the max I can hold. I usually taper small cuts every 7 days and ok with it, just listen to your body we are all different

For me 2 weeks is the max I can hold. I usually taper small cuts every 7 days and ok with it, just listen to your body we are all different

What happens to you after 2 weeks?

My experience is that I don't get much better but stay in a kind of up and down state where I either feel bad or a bit worse but never good. 4 weeks is the max I have held and I never got stable.

• 4 weeks later...

Do I have to get to 0mg before things get better?, I'm now at 0.75mg and the anxiety is so bad I can't leave my apartment.

Don't know if I should hold for a bit now or continue tapering?, the last time I held for 10 weeks without getting better :(.

I'm also afraid to push myself too much, it's backfired a lot :(.

when I hit 0.25mg i stopped feeling good completely. but taper was doable. not many really stabilize fully

2 weeks hold was max. for me.

Do I have to get to 0mg before things get better?, I'm now at 0.75mg and the anxiety is so bad I can't leave my apartment.

Don't know if I should hold for a bit now or continue tapering?, the last time I held for 10 weeks without getting better :(.

I'm also afraid to push myself too much, it's backfired a lot :(.