Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Help with micro taper please. Need math calculations

[Re...]

I have been on .50mg (.25 mg every 12 hours) Klonopin since 9/13. My pdoc switched me from xanax .25 3x daily which I was on since July 27. He said it would be easier coming off of Klonopin. So basically I have been on benzos since July 27th (about 3 months)  I want to do a micro taper but need to understand the math.  I want to cut at least .01 per day for a few weeks until I get down to about .30mg.  I bought a gram scale but need the numbers to cut .01 per day.  I weighed about 10 pills today and they are all different weights. They range from .167-.175 grams each.  I am guessing I should just average the weight.  So how do I figure out how to cut down .01 mg per day?  Does anyone know the proper math to do this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you! :)

If your current dose is .5mg/day, and you  want to cut .01mg each day, that would be a 2% daily cut.  (.5/.01=.02, or 2%)

If the average weight of your pills is 170mg (.170 grams) then your 2% is 3.4 mg (.0034 grams)  (170X.02=3.4)