Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Help with micro taper please. Need math calculations

[Re...]

I have been on .50mg (.25 mg every 12 hours) Klonopin since 9/13. My pdoc switched me from xanax .25 3x daily which I was on since July 27. He said it would be easier coming off of Klonopin. So basically I have been on benzos since July 27th (about 3 months)  I want to do a micro taper but need to understand the math.  I want to cut at least .01 per day for a few weeks until I get down to about .30mg.  I bought a gram scale but need the numbers to cut .01 per day.  I weighed about 10 pills today and they are all different weights. They range from .167-.175 grams each.  I am guessing I should just average the weight.  So how do I figure out how to cut down .01 mg per day?  Does anyone know the proper math to do this?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you! :)

If your current dose is .5mg/day, and you  want to cut .01mg each day, that would be a 2% daily cut.  (.5/.01=.02, or 2%)

If the average weight of your pills is 170mg (.170 grams) then your 2% is 3.4 mg (.0034 grams)  (170X.02=3.4)