Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

2 weeks post benzos

[Sa...]

Hi everyone. I am currently 2 weeks and a couple days from being benzo free (Praise God! But am still not able to sleep deep and also things that wouldn't normally bug me, bother me a lot and seem to be way more intensified. Is anyone else having this problem?? I came off of 0.5 MG klotopin and it was the worst ever. I am still having trouble going to the bathroom too.. this really sucks.

Hi  :) Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Congrats on being benzodiazepine free. Your symptoms sound fairly mild. Currently at two weeks in you are in the acute phase of withdrawal. This is when symptoms are their very worst. This phase typically lasts about a month with noticeable improvement felt after. Inomnia is very common, especially during the first couple of months. Just know that you are experiencing is temporary.

You might like to check out The Ashton Manual it is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field. 

Please feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards, we have a wonderful community of people here, who will give sound advice. Members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal and are more than willing to share their experiences.

Members discuss their symptoms on the Post withdrawal recovery support.

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again Welcome!  :smitten:

benzos-R-cruel