Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Going Crazy

[Me...]

After 5 years on Ativan, Klonopin, and Valium I quit cold turkey after my significant other (SO) made me. Since then I started screwing up the easiest job I ever had, started getting uncontrollable mood swings, depression, out of control anxiety, and my significant other tells me I've gone crazy with no hope for me.  In August after being recovered from a deep depression through intense therapy. I was independent, strong, and stable and overnight I feel my world has crumbled. The worst part is my SO who forced me to quit cold turkey has now gone through withdrawals himself yet still says I'm crazy. I'm so alone and scared. I have children to live for yet I do t know if I'll make it some days. I'm on an SSRI but I don't know if I should go back on the bento to regain my footing especially while trying to support my SO other through his recovery. Please help.

Edit: Self harm reference against guidelines removed

Hi  :) Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I am glad you found us today. Stopping suddenly is ill advised for a variety of reasons. One being that symptoms can be severe/debiltating, especially during the early months. Reinstatements are not always successful, even with a slow taper. Everyone experiences withdrawal differently. Some can get off with little to no problems, you doctor obviously has not had to go through what you have or they would understand.

You might like to check out The Ashton Manual it is an authoritative source on what to expect in withdrawal and recovery.  Dr. Ashton is an expert in the field. 

Please feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards, we have a wonderful community of people here, who will give sound advice. Members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal and are more than willing to share their experiences.

Members discuss their symptoms on the Post withdrawal recovery support.

Please take the time to Create a Signature.  This will allow others to see where you are in the process so they can better support you.

Again Welcome!  :smitten:

benzos-R-cruel

• 3 months later...