Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

At partial hospitalization and

[re...]

Hi reba123456

You asked what is wrong with you? It's simple, you are going through benzodiazepine withdrawal. I am approaching 9 months out and I am not 100% recovered yet but I am gradually improving as time goes by. I am much better than say, 4 months ago. So just want you to rest assured that even though you may not feel well at the present time your brain is healing. I know it's tough, I have been there and still going through it. Just want you to know you are strong and you will make it through to the other side, just keep on pushing through. You will begin to feel better, one of these days you will wake up and "BAM" it will hit you and you will feel better and know that you will recover. My personal opinion? If you are taking other medications it is possible they could have a negative effect on your recovery, not sure because we are all different but just something to think about. For me I eliminated all vitamins and supplements because they rev up my symptoms. I also cannot take Advil/Ibuprofen, it also revs up my symptoms, but if needed I can take Tylenol/acetaminophen it doesn't effect me in any way. I also stay away from sweets, sugar, I keep these to a small minimum. Keep on going, one day at a time. I know sometimes we don't want to hear how much time it takes. I just accepted it. It just takes time.

You're gonna be okay, just like so many others here that have posted their Success Stories; you will too!    :thumbsup:

OH, BIG HUG, REBA,

I ditto what ldm27 said, especially the end part beginning with vitamins and supplements, sugar/caffeine/alcohol.  Hang on.  We are here and understand.  Keep posting.  Taking deep breaths.  SLOWLY in through the nose OUT through the mouth.  4/7/8  try for a FEW TIMES.... Breathe in through nose to a count of 4.... hold for 7... blow out through mouth for a count of 8.  I believe a key word ldm said was the word acceptance.  That is such a key for stress.  It is very, very difficult in life but even more so when you are dealing with all the wd sxs to accept, time to heal, all this horror, BUT IT HELPS.

It's true. You will heal even though you did it this way. Time is the obstacle that none of us can overcome. But, trust me, you will look back and be glad you did this. Just take what you can such as coping strategies and other techniques from the PH program. You can pull some useful things from it even if it's just courage ( which you will need). Try to think past your symptoms ( I know it's hard).

You can and you will do this. There is not one thing wrong with needing help. Read my signature. I am now 6 months BENZO free!