Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Neuropathy

[il...]

So this is a symptom that ebbs and flows but of course is getting concerning because it affects my sleep, which, affects everything in anyone'a day-to-day

Im so grateful to have peace in my ears, and for an almost-normal mental and emotional state, but my neuropathy isn't letting up all that much. It doesn't manifest in pain or twitching. It's like my feet and my hands get hot and dry. It makes me feel warm in general. I drink water, and lotion my feet and hands to cool off. Many times I feel it's food-related/GI related, too, and I take a few tums. It often happens around midnight, and regardless of what I ate hours before, it seems to all be connected.

Does this ring true for anyone else? Is it really neurtopathy is if it's not muscle/nerve pain/twitching, and just this hot, dry feeling through out the bottom of my feet and hands?

Generally peripheral neuropathy symptoms include numbness and/or a pins and needle sensation.  Feeling excessively hot is also a symptom.  Be grateful you have no pain.  Trying to sleep with PN is a real challenge.  Benzo screw up our CNS causing symptoms to vary person to person.

If you have the insurance why not get it checked? 

Generally peripheral neuropathy symptoms include numbness and/or a pins and needle sensation.  Feeling excessively hot is also a symptom.  Be grateful you have no pain.  Trying to sleep with PN is a real challenge.  Benzo screw up our CNS causing symptoms to vary person to person.

If you have the insurance why not get it checked?

Thanks for your response.

I am very grateful nothing manifested in muscle or nerve pain! Very, very grateful!

I could, but I have this fear the doc will just diagnose and offer a medication. It's gotten better some since the beginning, so, it should go, too. I'll see how my extremities feel in a couple more months and go from there. I'm just glad to know it's normal to this. Something else I got only after drinking, not my first (and true) benzo  withdrawal. Onward and upward!

I have all kinds of weird sensations in my feet. The pain can be unbearable. On other days I feel like I have hot lava running through them... Those are my good days. I've been to the dr, had all kinds of tests, but nothing ever showed. Absolutely no dr in my area has any information on withdrawal, but from everything I read I'm still in the normal. Hope you find relief soon.

[17...]

Neuropathy has been my worst problem for the last two months, and hot lava running through my feet describes it perfectly, alas.

Sorry you are all suffering too, but I'm hoping the good news will be that it's another awful but temporary benzo symptom that we'll soon be rid of!

I'm 7 months out! I am continually inspired when someone comes forward with similar symptoms. It's crazy that the drs look at like I'm crazy. I'm hopeful this all will pass for us all!

Wow - mine hasn't felt like lava since the beginning. Now just hot and dry. See? I come on for advice on a lurking symptom, and am humbled.

Stay strong, guys - it truly does get so much better!

The popular med for peripheral neuropathy is Lyrica (Pregabalin).  Most of you have heard the tv ads for this crap.  Lots of side effects with suicide being the top one.  No thanks, I'd rather put up with the pain.

One word of caution with PN.  Do not subject your PN affected extremities to excessive heat or cold.  No hot water.  Warm only.  IN the cold keep your feet warm and dry.  I get some relief at night when my feet like they are on fire is simply sticking them out from under the covers until they feel better.  If you have numbness make sure you check your feet often by having someone look at the bottom of your feet or use a mirror on the floor.  I have yet to find a foot cream than helps.

I am at my 15th month.  I had one long window where the foot pain and numbness disappeared.  It returned a few weeks later and I still have it though not as bad and my symptoms do vary day to day.  I hope we see the day the PN goes away never to return.