Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Racing thoughts normal in acute stage?

[Me...]

Hey guys, hope all is well.

I am only 2 weeks out but I was just wondering if anyone's racing thoughts gets the best of them during the acute stage. I never experienced it anywhere near this bad before I even started lorazepam. I just want to know if it's going to settle down eventually because some times through out the day it is unmanageable. Love you all and have faith.

Yes, i had severe racing and ruminating thougths during my acute period after detoxing from a large dose of Ativan. I had noticeable improvement after my acute period which lasted about 25 days.  So, yes, it will settle down. My guess is that you will see noticeble improvement over the next month. :smitten:

I am 3 weeks after going cold turkey at a detox facility. My thoughts do not stop! In the beginning I was constantly thinking (and crying) about traumatic events that have happened during my life. It's awful. Good luck with everything!