Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How many people had acute despite tapering? How do you know?

[Ja...]

I am kindled

How many ppl had acute despite tapering and how long did it last

Anyone with other autoimmune type of issues as well pls Lmk

I am scared

At 1mg Valium and getting sick

Holding

I have been somewhat functional before even last week was "good"

Hi,  the acute period is simply the first month or two off benzos.  We all go through it and have varying kinds of symptoms, anxiety and insomnia being the most common ones.  Tapering, even slowly, does not guarantee one won't have symptoms, but most people in general tend to heal fairly quickly, especially if it's their first withdrawal. 

Unfortunately, no one can predict what kind of symptoms you will have or how long they'll last, but the thing to remember is that they're temporary and will go away in time.

:thumbsup:

Ditto, Megan.  Jackson.  There are no hard and fast rules for symptoms or time frames like we want to know.  Focus on you will get better even though it does not feel like it or you can even believe.  YOU WILL GET THERE.  Don't give up.  Keep posting.  We are all here for one another in good and bad.