Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Adrenal fatigue and low cortisol

[Mi...]

I have recently been diagnosed with hypothyroid, hashimotos, and stage 2 adrenal fatigue with low cortisol and hormone imbalances. I am considering the sttm thyroid and adrenal protocol of starting on NDT and HC (hydrocortisone). After benzos, I am a weary to start another medication that needs to be weaned off. Anyone have personal experience with HC?

Benzos, the gift that keeps on giving :-/

Please take a look at the website www.drlam.com  .  He has a lot of good information about all of your issues.  I had stage 4 adrenal fatigue and have borderline Hashimoto's.  I used hydrocortisone at firs,t only to help stabilize the adrenal fatigue.  I stopped it after a few months though.  The hydrocortisone plus a poor immune system, may have led to systemic candida (fortunately now improved).  I had AFS even before benzos.  Several medical professionals told me that inflammation is at the root of Hashimoto's and I stopped gluten and am trying to improve my immune system.  It's all so complex but, I've been able to keep getting better.  Hope this is helpful.

If you really have adrenal insufficiency then HC may absolutely make you feel better. Cortisol is our anti-stress hormone, but during withdrawal your CNS/ANS/SNS is very sensitive so corticosteroids may make you feel restless, agitated etc.

Thank you, BurnedOut and cottonbrains. Very helpful. They site Dr.Lam a lot on sttm. My pain and fatigue is getting worse and worse. I can't live like this. It's unbearable. I need help.  Think I am going to start the sttm thyroid and adrenal protocol.