Important Survey - Please Participate ×

I Have SFI Now, I really Believe I do!

[Ma...]

Well I been off my atiavn lets see about 18 days now......1 measly milligram I took for 2 years, and this past week and a half of it has been true hell, I was up 5 days for 36+ hours, then Id have a broken sleep, then up again same time, then alittle more broken sleep,,,,,now as I write this i am up YET AGAIN! I also Have Back pains now as well, I also had on and off bouts of Extreme Fatigue!

Also How the heck come After Being up so Much all those times and having very little sleep do I still half the time feel like Im not tired? Also I have Been taking other meds like Pamelor and now Vistaril yet NONE Work!

This is what you call losing sleep VERY QUICKLY and pretty soon, POOF....I won't sleep Period.....So Yes, I will be #15 or so in the world that Really does Have SFI

The only odd thing I had the night before was I took 1 3mg Melatonin, I did doze off but had nightmares from it and woke up and doed off many times

Hi I really believe you don't have SFI, you have insomnia that started during/after withdrawal. It's so powerful that nothing relieves it. Almost everyone on this forum who went through withdrawal experienced insomnia, and survived..

Insomnia's a bitch and affects everyone going through C/T.

I swear I got less than an hours sleep and also eat very little in my first week of my first C/T. What a nightmare that was.

It's a wonder your body copes with it but it seems to.

It's not for everyone but I'm prescribed 30mg Remeron / Mitrazapine and ramp that up to 60mg, when I need to get some sleep during withdrawal and it did seem to help for me.

Hi I really believe you don't have SFI, you have insomnia that started during/after withdrawal. It's so powerful that nothing relieves it. Almost everyone on this forum who went through withdrawal experienced insomnia, and survived..

I agree with ferggie...insomnia is the number one sx for early w/d. You're only 18 days into w/d -- that's still acute and it's extremely common. It get's better in time, but while going through it...it feels like death. I went one solid week without sleep while in acute. It was miserable and I kept thinking 'how long can people go without sleep?' I finally looked it up, and found out that the brain takes little 'naps' as it  needs to without us even being aware of it...if I find the article, I'll share the link.