Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I Have SFI Now, I really Believe I do!

[Ma...]

Well I been off my atiavn lets see about 18 days now......1 measly milligram I took for 2 years, and this past week and a half of it has been true hell, I was up 5 days for 36+ hours, then Id have a broken sleep, then up again same time, then alittle more broken sleep,,,,,now as I write this i am up YET AGAIN! I also Have Back pains now as well, I also had on and off bouts of Extreme Fatigue!

Also How the heck come After Being up so Much all those times and having very little sleep do I still half the time feel like Im not tired? Also I have Been taking other meds like Pamelor and now Vistaril yet NONE Work!

This is what you call losing sleep VERY QUICKLY and pretty soon, POOF....I won't sleep Period.....So Yes, I will be #15 or so in the world that Really does Have SFI

The only odd thing I had the night before was I took 1 3mg Melatonin, I did doze off but had nightmares from it and woke up and doed off many times

Hi I really believe you don't have SFI, you have insomnia that started during/after withdrawal. It's so powerful that nothing relieves it. Almost everyone on this forum who went through withdrawal experienced insomnia, and survived..

Insomnia's a bitch and affects everyone going through C/T.

I swear I got less than an hours sleep and also eat very little in my first week of my first C/T. What a nightmare that was.

It's a wonder your body copes with it but it seems to.

It's not for everyone but I'm prescribed 30mg Remeron / Mitrazapine and ramp that up to 60mg, when I need to get some sleep during withdrawal and it did seem to help for me.

Hi I really believe you don't have SFI, you have insomnia that started during/after withdrawal. It's so powerful that nothing relieves it. Almost everyone on this forum who went through withdrawal experienced insomnia, and survived..

I agree with ferggie...insomnia is the number one sx for early w/d. You're only 18 days into w/d -- that's still acute and it's extremely common. It get's better in time, but while going through it...it feels like death. I went one solid week without sleep while in acute. It was miserable and I kept thinking 'how long can people go without sleep?' I finally looked it up, and found out that the brain takes little 'naps' as it  needs to without us even being aware of it...if I find the article, I'll share the link.