Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

New and need help

[cl...]

Hi, I'm so glad to have found this forum! Any insight anyone has? Greatly appreciated!!

I am having horrible symptoms that must be xanax withdrawal, but I stopped taking it in mid/end of June. A little taper, but mostly cold turkey. I haven't taken xanax since June. I had horrible withdrawal symptoms, then felt fine for months--since August. NOW it's end of Oct. I am feeling awful: insomnia, diaherra, irritable, yell at kids. Anxious. etc. etc.

I was on .25 dosage of xanax for years. Then a new doctor prescribed .5 tablets and when I had a health crisis and I abused the xanax to deal with it. Like: 1.5-2 mg a day. For a month.

At 2 mg. a day I was insane, so once the health crisis passed, all I wanted was to stop taking Xanax. Ever.

Hi cloudslight :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you found us,  It is never a good idea to stop taking these medications suddenly, cold turkey, It can bring on some serious withdrawal symptoms.  I am sorry your suffering right now, it will get better.

Any withdrawal symptoms are temporary, and will go eventually, but it can take quite some time for the CNS to recover.  We have a great bunch of people here, our members have been through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, and will share their experiences with you.

I would suggest you read the Ashton Manual, it is a definitive resource about these medications and how to withdraw. It also discusses the effects these types of medications have on the body.

Here are a couple of useful links:

Professor Ashtons Manual

Cold Turkey Detox & Rapid Withdrawal Board

Post withdrawal recovery support board

Please feel free to ask questions, members can respond with the best information if they know your medication history so I will ask you to create a signature line listing your medication and dose.  Here are the directions to do that: ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita