Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Almost 3 months out and ready to get this over with

[La...]

I abused a non prescribed thienodiazepine,  etizolam for a year.  I thought the drug was far more forgiving than a typical benzo and felt fine until the last two months,  tapering was out of the question as every dose sent me into panic attacks and crushing depression. 

I'm here to get advise and tips to speed up the process.  I'm struggling with unbearable exhaustion,  hair loss, vibrating/tingling skull and limbs,  and dulled emotions.  I'm hoping to find more about this drug,  and hearing others experiences.

Hi Landerloo11 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

So sorry you had to experience a cold turkey, its not recommended.  If you have been on benzodiazepines more than a few weeks then they should be tapered off.  Any symptoms you are experiencing are temporary, but it does take quite some time for the CNS to recover.

I will put a link to the Ashton Manual, it is a definitive resource about these medications and how to withdraw. It also discusses the effects these types of medications have on the body.  Professor Ashtons Manual

We have a dedicated board for those people who have done a cold turkey or rapid withdrawal.  You can connect with others there who are in the same situation as you are:

Cold Turkey Detox & Rapid Withdrawal Board

Here is link to the Post withdrawal support

Post withdrawal recovery support board

Please feel free to ask questions, members can respond with the best information if they know your medication history so I will ask you to create a signature line listing your medication and dose.  Here are the directions to do that: ”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita