Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Akathesia

[Ja...]

I am one of the unlucky ones that gets this from my past cold turkey and fast taper

For those that had this pls tell me what works? Anything?

How long do u have this?

I think this is the primary symptom that make ppl reinstate bc it makes you feel like you want to jump off skmething

Scared

Considering detox as I am not doing well at all on 1mg valum.

Pls help

Jackson, I'm one of the unlucky ones too. I am kindled. Each successive cold turkey or rapid taper makes it that much more difficult to get off of the drug. Akathisia is a nasty symptom and I feel so so badly that you're going thru this.

When did you go down to 1 milligram, how long has it been since your last cut? You may have to do a slight updose to stabilize.

Left  :smitten:

I have been doing a daily liquid micro taper

Kindled bc I had usage in the past

I have to get off

I have to heal

I was going 1ml per day

Last week I was well

Even Sunday I felt ok

Suddenly been hit w Akathesia chest palps and diarreah and burning prickling all over

Have to quit work

Two weeks ago honestly I was ok

I think I have to go through this

How long were you off before reinstating?

I have been doing a daily liquid micro taper

Kindled bc I had usage in the past

I have to get off

I have to heal

I was going 1ml per day

Last week I was well

Even Sunday I felt ok

Suddenly been hit w Akathesia chest palps and diarreah and burning prickling all over

Have to quit work

Two weeks ago honestly I was ok

I think I have to go through this

How long were you off before reinstating?

I wasn't off long...two weeks maybe?  However, each time I was hospitalized I was switched to IV valium as needed. At the time, I didn't understand why I was in so much pain, why my head felt like it was exploding, why I was so agitated, etc. I got worse with each hospitalization. The last time, the doctor messed up and yanked me off all my meds except for a tiny dose of seizure meds...I went through an unsupported CT in a hospital.

I've had and still get the sxs you describe...the burning prickling and Akathisia are the worse. Honestly, I don't know why you got slammed with these sxs out of the blue. It could be a nasty wave that will pass, or it could be your body's way of saying slow down. If it were me, I'd hold until the sxs became more tolerable and then I would reevaluate my taper.

I'm sorry you have to quit work. I haven't worked since 2012 because of this drug... it stinks to say the least.

Hoping you are feeling a bit better today?

Left  :hug:  :smitten: