Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

weird sleeping pattern?

[ge...]

Hi

My routine is pretty entrenched, asleep by 8pm awake at 3am, sure it's 7 hours so that is not so bad but I can't seem to break the cycle and keep better hours, eg asleep by 11pm awake at 6.  If I stay up later I still awake at 3am.  It's driving me nuts - any ideas?

Thanks

Try eating a protein and fat snack before bed. I have turkey with cream cheese on gluten free bread--one slice.  Sometimes that can help reduce the cortisol.

I'm having a similar problem with sleep patterns.  I wake up at 5AM no matter when I go to bed.  I really wish I could sleep more.  I'll try the protein snack and see if that helps.

I also wake up at four thirty or five no matter what time I go to bed. I tried eating a fat and protein snack last night and slept until six, although I still woke up at five I was able to go back to sleep.

Let us know if this helps.