Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

16 months - whats left???

[Lo...]

Just curious to all the buddies that are a year or more out, whats left?? I just have lethargy/lack of stamina and muscle pain. Anxiety and cogfog is now minimal and very managable. Every other symptom gone.

Almost 14 months, no other meds. My sxs are anxiety, depression, burning throughout my body, pins and needles, cog fog, dp/dr,numb hands and feet,intrusive thoughts, moments of panic.

It is very hard to function at this level of pain. However the sxs are somewhat better than they were a few months ago.

Almost 14 months, no other meds. My sxs are anxiety, depression, burning throughout my body, pins and needles, cog fog, dp/dr,numb hands and feet,intrusive thoughts, moments of panic.

It is very hard to function at this level of pain. However the sxs are somewhat better than they were a few months ago.

This is good at least you're moving in the right direction.  Are you working or retired?  I wish I was retired before embarking on benzo withdrawal and recovery.

15 months off - when not in a wave, my remaining sx are fatigue, apathy, cog fog (varying degrees) and shoulder/neck pain and/or tension. We're getting there  :thumbsup:

Kiddo,

Was pain one of your main symptoms from the beginning of withdrawal?  Mine was minimal and very manageable.  It got really bad around  the 14th month into recovery.  Hard to understand how this all works!!  The pain improves with physical therapy but I can't continue going twice a week forever.  They use an ultrasound heat that does wonders for the pain.

From all i have read and a documentary i watched with professor Ashton most of the time the physical symptoms are the last to leave. This matches up with my experience as mentally im 90% but the muscle pain is killer. At least this is a good sign to be in the final stages

Niners - yes, I had muscle pain from the beginning. It got substantially better while I tapered then it came back at about 7 months off and is still here. I go to massage twice a week and it has helped tremendously, but like you I don't want to have continue doing that. Yoga has also been a huge relief though when I first started (around 12 months free) it revved up my sx. Now that doesn't happen and I feel "good" for quite a few hours afterwards. 

My god this muscle pain is intense! If i had a little more energy and the pain went away id be so close to a success story. I really hope these last symptoms dont hang around for too much longer