Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can't stop running

[Al...]

I have been taking xanax 2-3mg for roughly 6 months and I joined this website to try and understand how I may get off or if it's even possible. I feel I may be over my head. I joined to do some reading to help make a decision about my future. Nice to meet you guys. 

Hello Always- running, :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

You are very welcome to check out the forum, before you make up your mind.  These types of drugs should only be used short term. You will find a lot of information and support here from our members who've been through a variety of benzodiazepine withdrawal experiences.

Please feel free to post to any of the dedicated boards. Withdrawal is tough, but please remember its temporary.

When your ready, here are some links to get you started here:

Ashton Manual   is an authoritative source on benzo withdrawal, its written by an expert in the field.

For tapering information, please go to our General Taper Plans.    Generally, the recommended taper rate is 5/10% every 10/14 days.  This can be varied to meet your needs.

Withdrawal Support is an excellent board to connect with members and share benzo withdrawal experiences.

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to”Create a signature”

Welcome aboard

Magrita