Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

excessive sleep and still tired

[Be...]

Yes, I think many people do have this.  Benzos mess up your sleep when you're on them, when you taper, and for a while after you stop.  If you had sleep issues prior, they will remain.  It is also possible to develop new sleep problems later in life due to changes in hormones, weight, etc...  I would say try to eat well, exercise, avoid caffeine and alcohol, meditate if you can, etc..

Best to you on this journey.

Sleep and burning are my main issues. They I'm sure are directly related to Valium. I feel very groggy after a dose even though I take small doses 4X a day. I'm finally down to 10 mg and will be cutting .5 every five days. Have been doing this since roughly 12.0 mg. I sleep fairly well at night. One up around 4:30 for bathroom because I drink a lot of water. Then I go back to sleep until 6:30 or 7:00. I find now with the cuts my sxs are the same but I have more headaches. I can't wait till the fatigue/weakness and burning go away. I'm hoping the lower I go the better it will be. If not I'll ride it out. I want off this drug that badly. Should never have touched it in the first place. Well hindsight is 20/20 so no point on dwelling on it. B

The more I sleep, the more tired I feel. On days when I stay in bed, I can sleep ALL DAY, nearly 24 hours, more than one day in a row. (I've literally slept 21 hours at one go in the past, and that was pre-benzos. I can sleep like no one else. lol)

That honestly feels terrible, so instead, I sleep about seven hours at night, force myself to get up when the alarm goes off, and get to work. (Note: I work from home so I'm not exactly dragging myself out into the world for this!) I stay busy all day on the weekdays with work, and I try to stay busy with creative projects on the weekends, and then my sleep is good in the evenings.

I can't give in to my laziness (and I am THE laziest person if I indulge that part of myself, you have NO idea, lol) or it just grows and grows and I feel so groggy and terrible. Sometimes the answer to feeling so tired is actually the opposite of what it seems like it would be. A little hard work or exercise can go a long way toward getting better sleep.

But as always, everybody's different!