Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

BREAKING NEWS - BRITISH MEDICAL ASSOCIATION CALLS FOR NATIONAL HELPLINE

[lo...]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [lo...]

• [La...]

• [be...]

• [Te...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw thanks, Pris.  I was so tired it was no wonder I was emotional but then again it is an emotional subject. 

One of the national papers is interested now ...  not in me but in the subject of PDD.  I hope they don't make a mess of it!!

Fiona  :smitten:

Daily Mail.  It has done quite a lot of articles on A/Ds over the years.  It isn't a quality paper but there are worse.

None of our papers are very good any more.

Fiona  :thumbsup:

Aw thanks, Pris.  I was so tired it was no wonder I was emotional but then again it is an emotional subject. 

One of the national papers is interested now ...  not in me but in the subject of PDD.  I hope they don't make a mess of it!!

Fiona  :smitten:

What is PDD?  ???  I googled it:  Pervasive Developmental Disorder? Probably not.

They changed the name from Involuntary Tranquilizer Addiction to Prescribed Drug Dependency, which is much better. I'd like to see the use of the word "iatrogenic", but PDD works quite well. "Addiction" is just wrong for most of us. Most of us did not engage in "addictive" behaviour.

Interesting, I didn't realize there were so many terms.  I also like "iatrogenic", which is what I usually use.  Just comes to mind most quickly for me because it best describes what happened.