Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Worse symptoms near end of taper?

[Da...]

I have been tapering from Valium for 16 months and am down to 4 mg.  The last two cuts have brought on much longer periods of more severe symptoms.  After my last cut of .5 mg on August 13 I had an amazing pretty good 17 days.  Then on August 30 th nasty symptoms started and are still giving me lots of trouble.  Have had maybe 6 or 7 better days in that period.  Do I have bad symptoms to look forward to the rest of the way down?

.5mg is a 12.5% cut from 4mg.  Yup, I'll bet that hit you pretty hard.

To control your sxs as you get closer to the end, you need to make smaller cuts. :thumbsup:

nobody can predict how rest of your taper will go. some people feel better, some worse. i'm in same boat now. last cut was hell-ride. now that i feel somewhat good i am nearly scared of another cut. going to get liquid from compounding (too lazy to do it by myself) and will taper last mile in smaller but steady drops.

I agree with Builder. I'm also tapering Valium. Going from 5 to 4.5 (a 10% cut) hit me pretty hard so I switched to .25mg cuts which were definitely easier.