Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

help

[yy...]

Can't take this any more.  Can't go on.  Husband washing dishes and can't take noise of silverware in stainless sink.  He ate oatmeal out of pan he cooked it in and his stirring against it noise was unbearable.  The pain of noise and my breathing is more than I can bear.  I am in agony and can't do this any more.  I will never get well.

I'm sorry you are suffering so much Y.  I take it you are off whatever you were tapering?  The extreme sensitivity to noise is a common withdrawal symptom and par for the course I'm afraid.  I too couldn't stand noise of any kind right after my jump.  I am now 15 months post jump and sounds don't bother me very much anymore.  You WILL get well, it will just take time.  Hang on!  I am sending you positive vibes for hope and the strength to hold on tight.

Please create a signature detailing what you are/were taking and your taper info.  It lets us know where you are in your journey so we can better help you.

XX

She

Hi again Y.  Thank you for creating your signature.  I know it isn't easy to remember everything and get that all down on paper whilst in acute.  So if I am reading it correctly, you jumped from Xanax last month?  Congratulations for getting off the poison. 

Xanax is a beast of a benzo to get off!  You are in the throes of acute withdrawal and the period of time right after a jump is very challenging.  I was in acute this time last year too and I too was very ill.  Most days it was all I could do to get out of bed, do the minimum of eating a meal and showering before parking on the couch until bedtime.  Some days I couldn't even get out of bed except for bathroom trips and my husband brought me food on a tray.  But I got through all that and you will too! 

Be gentle with yourself during this challenging time.  Rest as much as you can, eat what you can, and distract distract distract yourself from all the symptoms.  The only thing that will truly help you is time.  Now at 15 months off, I am doing pretty good.  I have much of my quality of life back and acute is just a distant memory.  You will get there too.  Please have hope that all this is temporary.  You WILL heal and get your life back. 

Stay strong!  Post here often to give and receive support.  Join in the distracting Off Topic threads.  Sharing the journey with others going through the same thing can be empowering and therapeutic.

:smitten:

She

the oversensitivity has become much better for me now (7 months off). I would never have expected that but it shows that YES we are healing. Hang on!

thank you both.  can't take noise/light, head hurts, anxiety breathing problems overwhelmed, exhausted.  how long does this go on?

thank you both.  can't take noise/light, head hurts, anxiety breathing problems overwhelmed, exhausted.  how long does this go on?

Y, I had all those symptoms too.  While it is different with everyone, I had a significant lessening of my symptoms at around the 3 month mark.  After that, it was a gradual improvement month to month.

BTW, I love your screen name.  Yyeehhaaww, sounds like someone hanging on to a bucking bronco for dear life.  Or Slim Pickens in that movie where he is riding the bomb.  Either way, a great metaphor for this whole benzo experience!

She

thanks

have lost fight - can't do anything

No you have not.  Just holding on and letting time pass is fighting the good fight.  We are warriors here, we are brave and strong.  This is the hardest thing we have ever done in our lives.  We will come out on the other side of this dark tunnel and into the light, come out stronger in every way.  We will win this battle.  We will reclaim ourselves and our lives from what this poison has tried to do to us.

She

Thanks y'all.  I too use ear plugs but I still hear noises.

Yeh they can only do so much I said they help lessen the blow a little. I freaked out a few times on people in my house because of the noise. That was one of my first symptoms to leave me though so hang in there my friend , it gets better and then  worse ,then better again ,then really bad ,then really good ect ect ect........

It's crazy :idiot: