Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

10 months of xanax and feel like a zombie in dreamland

[ca...]

Hello everybody,

Been of xanax for 10 months now c/t and still feel like a zombie in dreamland. i dont know how else to explain it. i just dont feel like i am in reality. Anybody else ever feel this way?

Hi Car55, It is not uncommon to feel like you are in a dream state or nothing is real through this process.

Everyone is on a different time frame for healing and this is part of the process.

Do you have other symptoms or is this the worst one you have left.

Try to think about how far you have come and all the other symptoms that have gotten better.

I'm 11 months off tomorow....I'm still a zombie in dreamland.  Usually I have 3-4 good days per week.  Even on my good days I don't feel like myself...too much anxiety to drop the depression/dr/dp.

You aren't alone  :hug:

While I was on Xanax I felt like a zombie! I knew that I couldn't live like that. I tried to stop taking it a for some reason thought that magnesium would help me transition. Boy was I wrong! I reinstated the Xanax and read about tapering (not told by my doctor). At the 10 month point of being Xanax free, I did feel somewhat dazed and confused at times. If you are like me, I was thinking that I should be over the symptoms of withdrawal. I may be wrong but perhaps the frustration of not being 100% at this point added to the anxiety and and contributed to the revved up symptoms. I'm at the 2 yr point and still have a symptom or 3 that still haunts me. At this point it is more of like a headache that you can't shake. It doesn't necessarily keep you from doing things but it takes a lot of the pleasure away from the experience. That Zombie feeling hits every once in a while but it's not anywhere near the intensity that it was at the 10 month point. Try to stay positive while you ride this storm out!