Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

How do upu know?

[so...]

How do you know when its time to reduce? I never feel ready and I'm always scared but go for it anyway.

I'm always scared too sonia, but I go ahead when I feel most of my symptoms have either subsided or are manageable. I read on one thread someone said they gauge by how well they're sleeping at night, that's been pretty accurate in my case too.

For me, every cut has been different. One kicked in within two days and lasted a week, one I was miserable the whole time, and the past one I had minimal sfx until 10 days in when it knocked me on my backside. So every week it's a different decision to make. Hang in there  :smitten:

This is why I made a schedule ahead of time (see signature) even though I left room for holds if necessary. Every time I get to day eight, I'm wondering how I'll possibly make the cut when I get there, and yet when the day comes, I'm always ready. Even on the day of my last cut, which was the very same day that my vertigo popped up, I still said, "OK, I can do this," and it turned out OK.

I always figured that if it really wasn't time to cut, it would be crystal clear to me and there wouldn't be a question of whether I could do it or not. So far so good! If I didn't have a plan with specific days, I don't think I'd ever have the guts to do it. Knowing that I'm always going to cut on the 1st and 15th, knowing those days are coming, seeing it as a challenge to overcome... it's actually motivating for me. I think everybody is different and has to formulate their own particular motivating approach for this.