Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

migraines

[nh...]

I would get a migraine about once a month prior to stopping benzos and so I have prescription migraine medicine. Tapering and stopping, I was getting migraines 3-4 times a week! It was so bad I couldn't even work and I went through so many of my migraine pills.

It's calmed down to about one every two weeks now but it's still a terrible experience.

what can i take to help this ive tried ib profen and tylenol

Nothing helped me but my migraine medicine (Imitrex). I tried everything that was over the counter each time I would get one since I don't enjoy taking the Imitrex but in the end it is the only medicine that stops my migraine

I have them too. I have had them for years not just as a symptom of Xanax WD. But they have gotten really bad. If I stay up all night and sleep during the day I don't have them, but if I get up in the morning and try to live in the daytime I get one. It sucks nothing I take really helps them at all. They are so bad I have to crawl back into bed some days.

Hi nhbuck,

I've had migraines for years --as the previous poster said the only thing that will take them away is Imitrex or something formulated for migraines..Ibuprofen, aspirin, tylenol doesn't touch a migraine. You'll have to talk with your doctor, of course to get a prescription.

Good Luck to you! Hope you feel better soon....~CeCe        :mybuddy:

i am two months out and this is strarting now for over a week now straight, is this because they gave me a dose of ativan at the hospital for my anxiety a few weeks ago causing this return?

i am two months out and this is strarting now for over a week now straight, is this because they gave me a dose of ativan at the hospital for my anxiety a few weeks ago causing this return?

Hi again nhbuck,

Just thought I'd throw in my experience after jumping...I went from having an occasional migraine maybe every 3 months or so to having them 3x per week for the first 3 months out...now at 4+ I'm back to not having them as often...I'm thinking as some time passes yours should come less often, too.

As for why it's happening..I really don't think a one time dose of Ativan would cause it, but I can't say one way or the other...maybe someone else would know??