Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

IBS symptoms

[MH...]

Could anybody let me know if you experienced IBS symptoms (abdominal cramps, diarrhea) right after you eat? If you did and then went away, how long did it take you for them to disappear? I also have one other oddity. When I have these IBS related symptoms, the level of muscle rigidity/tension in a couple spots of my body takes a major dip. It is totally weird and it happens like clockwork. I have to say that benzo withdrawal is the bizarre experience that I have ever been a part of.

There are plenty gaba receptors in the belly region so problems like you descibe are not uncommon. Neither is the tension you are feeling in your muscles.  You may want to consider creating a signature that shows your use, and lets memebers know how long you have been off of benzodiazepines. It is hard to give advice without knowing your history.