Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

jaw tightness/facial numbness

[lo...]

anybody? 3 days ago a massive body tension hit me. worse ever so far. which is funny cause I rarely had this till 0.22K but since the last cut is a nightmare.

I do also feel like my symptoms go from mental to physical and vice versa. so its either bad mental, or bad physical, but rarely both....

Hi ocutusOFborg!  There's another thread circulating about facial muscle tightness and it is common.  I have it on the left side of my neck, scalp and face to the point I think my eyeglass Rx is wrong.  Sometimes I get muscle cramping and twitching in arms or legs.  I believe this is coming from the brain trying to "get things right".  Perhaps you can try to tell yourself that this is a normal symptom of withdrawal and it will pass.  Mental "pain/anxiety" can cause physical pain/discomfort.  If you think an Epsom salt bath, a massage, lavender oil, or Bach's Rescue Remedy spray (on tongue) might help, give it a try.  I hope you can break the mental/physical "cycle".  There may be a video or two on calming meditation on You Tube.  Stay positive.  We want you to make it through complete withdrawal!  Take care.

anybody? 3 days ago a massive body tension hit me. worse ever so far. which is funny cause I rarely had this till 0.22K but since the last cut is a nightmare.

I do also feel like my symptoms go from mental to physical and vice versa. so its either bad mental, or bad physical, but rarely both....

Happens to me too! All of what you just said, the jaw tension, and the fact that the symptoms go from mental to physical. The jaw tightness does go away, mine is awful and it makes me feel like I can't talk or swallow my spit. It does go away, though, I haven't had it as much with this cut. Hang in there!