Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anyone have an increase in symptoms with slight increase of medication

[...]

I am doing a liquid taper of K and I measured the last week a slightly  higher dosage.  I have felt really horrible all week can that be associated with the  increase of medication? 

Yes! I have been wondering if this happens to anyone else. I have had trouble doing a "smooth" withdrawal -- and after a few nights of intolerable insomnia (and then the panic attacks about the insomnia come!) -- I cry "uncle" and take a higher dose of the benzodiazepine (in my case, Ativan) for, hopefully, just a night. The sleep is such a relief, but my symptoms (headache, oversedation, intestinal problems, anxiety) come back with a vengeance when I wake up. This is hard for me to understand -- but in my experience the symptoms are definitely correlated with having taken the higher dose of Ativan and not the withdrawal. Does anyone else have a similar experience -- or advice to people who really need a "rescue" night? --Leesie

[01...]

I am doing a liquid taper of K and I measured the last week a slightly  higher dosage.  I have felt really horrible all week can that be associated with the  increase of medication?

Yes it happens to me. Once I withdraw, I can't go back up to a higher dose or else I experience extreme anxiety or feelings like I want to run around in circles for days, ha....It's horribly uncomfortable. It actually makes my insomnia worse. I believe your body builds a resistance to the medicine during withdrawal and rejects it when you attempt to increase again. It's basically your body saying, "I dont want it!".

Skye & Clara it has been a couple days and I have work myself back to the lower dose and I am starting to feel much better. It is very interesting how this medication works I also am curious if there more people who have experienced this