Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

5 Months Benzo free .. Not celebrating yet, though.

[be...]

5 months ago I leaped from 20 years of taking this horrible drug. I am not where I want to be yet but I am told that these sxs will pass. I will keep hanging on to the hope that I have heard and read about. I wish everyone the best in your taper and withdrawal. I can't wait to come back one day and give you my success story. We must have hope that it will get better.

Thanks to all the buddies who have taken their time to send their experiences and hope. Also a shout out to the moderators and administrators on here for all that you do.  :smitten:

Great job my friend!  :smitten:

I understand not wanting to celebrate yet since it hasn't gotten better. I feel the same way. We can at least be pleased with ourselves for making it this far and not giving up. This is a hard road we walk so everyday we make it without benzos is a major accomplishment. Pat yourself on the back  :thumbsup:

Great job my friend!  :smitten:

I understand not wanting to celebrate yet since it hasn't gotten better. I feel the same way. We can at least be pleased with ourselves for making it this far and not giving up. This is a hard road we walk so everyday we make it without benzos is a major accomplishment. Pat yourself on the back  :thumbsup:

Remy,

I am hoping that we will be able to share our success stories close to the same time as we are not that far apart as far as being off benzos. Thanks for your encouragement.    :smitten:

Beebop and Remy- we are all May jumpers...and like you both I cannot yet say I am healed...wish I could but not there yet. For me still very loud tinnitus, tingling in feet and hands, surges of anxiety and muscle pain and or weakness come and go- some days I think I got it beat then the symptoms come back and slam me- overall I think I have made progress since I jumped and am on the road to healing- but I want to be there now...hopefully all three of us will be able to post our success stories soon- I keep hoping that maybe six months is the magic number!

Beebop and Remy- we are all May jumpers...and like you both I cannot yet say I am healed...wish I could but not there yet. For me still very loud tinnitus, tingling in feet and hands, surges of anxiety and muscle pain and or weakness come and go- some days I think I got it beat then the symptoms come back and slam me- overall I think I have made progress since I jumped and am on the road to healing- but I want to be there now...hopefully all three of us will be able to post our success stories soon- I keep hoping that maybe six months is the magic number!

I am hoping for six months as well but its coming up pretty quickly for me and i haven't had any significant changes in symptoms. Though the intensity of my waves have been decreasing the past two weeks. Who knows with this thing it is the ultimate crap-shoot. I do believe we will alll be writing our success stories around the same time. We are almost to the halfway point in my opinion. I have given myself a year. :thumbsup: