Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Those 8-10 mo out ...

[re...]

I am 10 months out and the whole thing has been difficult but I am seeing some improvement along the way. I no longer have the sleep issues, food issues, vertigo. Those all improved and went away. What I'm stilling dealing with and praying it will get better are the cognitive issues, anxiety, depression. Also I'm not motivated and I need to be. So I'm glad for the symptoms that went away and that is a sign of improvement. I'm just curious how long the whole thing is going to last.

I'm 8 months out. I'm a wreck still. I'm just blown away by the whole thing. I for sure have made improvements from the beginning but honestly how could I not have I was practically dead. My eye sight has gotten terrible and my fatigue is relentless. My anxiety is so so bad. I'm over feeling this way. My biggest issues are my cognitive ones.. I can't focus on anything. It's like my mind was blown to pieces. I'm so frustrated by the whole ordeal.  I constantly think about giving up.  I just want my life back. I don't know anyone who has suffered as much as me. I would do anything to get a glimpse of hope that this changes. I would say I fluctuated between 20-40 percent.  How are you doing Reba?

I'm 10 mos. out.  Month 3-6 were great but been in an up and down wave ever since.  tinnitus is the worst!  I have a lot of visual disturbances too.  Other symptoms come and go and don't concern me much but the ear symptoms and eye symptoms are a real bitch!!!

I'm 8 mo out

I just got out of the psych ward.

I felt suicidal.

I don't want to die. I just need relief.

I don't have the scary terror in the am anymore but

I do have:

Adrenaline rushes

Panic that can come on at any time

Severe cold intolerance

Burning skin feeling

Muscle weakness

Fatigue

I hate it.

My cortisol and female hormones are off

My hormone doc wants me on progesterone (I know this affects GABA receptors)

I'm now on so many meds just because of this crap

Propranolol that I can't get off of because of the adrenaline rebound - got down to 5 mg TID but can't get any lower

Visteral 25 mg bid.  Can't seem to get any lower On this either because of histimane rebound

Just got put back on gabapentin. 300 mg TID

And Wellbutrin (started this 5 days ago. Having a hard time)

I HATE being tethered to meds.

Will I EVER be ok?   

I know

Hi Reba123456, suicide ideation is a big part of the symptoms and I have seen many many people discuss it on here. I know I have it and it is kind of involuntary thoughts about suicide. I know I would never do it so it is crazy as hell. Never in my life have I ever even thought about it  about it until now. I read somewhere that people with ideation are less likely to commit suicide then those who don't have it. Just know that is weird normal symptom.

I know how hard it is and I just have been doing everything I can to get through it. I believe it will pass and we can only ride it out

More than 8 months off.

Physical pain is the worst and not improving.   

8 months here and I still experiment tinnitus, head pressure and congestion, electric head,  thights burning, eye pain, insomnia, chest pressure, parasthesia, general state of pain, looping thoughts, fatigue (terrible in the morning, can hardly move, feel like I have been beaten up). Lots of anxiety.

What has improved :nightmares, sleep, joint pain, noise and light hypersensitivity

How much more time ?

Im one year this month. Mostly healed except, sleep is still at times difficult. I take supplements and herbs but have in the last couple months had some unpredictability with my sleeping patterns. Im hoping its just mini waves happening. No more anxiety thankfully. My ears do ring and really thats it. The crippling fear pounding heartbeat and freaked out feelings have all but faded into a distant memory. I hope and pray everyone here never ever has to endure those frightening times anymore. I'm so sorry this had to happen to anyone. It's really quite a shame and so very very very unnecessary. Praying for all!

Peace and LOVE

Hope &Faith

💛💛💛💛💛

I am a little more than 6 months out and all of my WD symptoms are cognitive, mostly anxiety.  When I am going through a window, it feels like I am past it all, then wham out of nowhere comes a wave bringing on the anxiety.  I believe over time it will pass because when I am going through a window it seems like I am getting stronger and stronger.

Patsal you are getting stronger. For me windows were a glimpse of things to come. I cherished each and every one. Its amazing that I never knew I was only functioning at 1/2  a person. It wasnt until I got better that I realized just how sick I really was.

Rema123456

I'm a little over 8 months out and feeling much improved. I'm in the waves and windows phase. My main improvements are my sleep has been coming back, it started little by little and at this point I am averaging about 6 to 7 hours per night inching more and more to 7. Anxiety diminishing, along with depression. Mornings were always the worst for me but that is improving and becoming less intense (the cortisol surges, nervous, anxious feelings, looping thoughts etc. all are starting to go away). I have more energy now. The only major symptom remaining is tinnitus in the right ear and it is still there, but it too has been starting to fade away on some days. Just like patsal mentioned, every time I go through a window I become stronger and stronger.

ldm27    :thumbsup: