Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Could I have brain damage as I was drinking on zopiclone for 3 years!!!

[Pi...]

Am freaking out,i was on zopiclone for four years but was drinking every weekend thought nothing of it until I joined BB an now realise it was a benzo.,,please tell me I won't be brain damaged from this????also could some body look at my signiture!am wondering if have kindled that's why am having an horrific time??if so do I carry on tapering am panicking have done some serious damage.could some one help me out

No horror stories please  xx

Zoplicone is NOT a benzo.  It is a GABAergic drug, like benzos, but it affects GABA in a different way.

"Zopiclone (brand names Zimovane and Imovane) is a nonbenzodiazepine hypnotic agent used in the treatment of insomnia. It is a cyclopyrrolone, which increases the normal transmission of the neurotransmitter gamma-Aminobutyric acid in the central nervous system, as benzodiazepines do, but in a different way."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zopiclone 

Combining it with alcohol will potentiate the effect, intensify the side fxs, and cause some additional side fxs.  But there is very little, if any, risk of permanent damage.

"Do not drive or use tools or machines on the following day unless your reactions have returned to normal. Do not drink alcohol while you are on zopiclone. It will increase the risk of side-effects such as sleepwalking and doing other things which you are unable to remember when you wake up."

http://patient.info/medicine/zopiclone-tablets-zimovane

Don't know you,but your honesty is awesome,...I could bear hug you tho!!!thank you...your the man for this,I cut to 5.5 nearly two weeks ago shall I hold for another 2 weeks an go to 5?