Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Am I going insane?

[4G...]

When I woke up this morning I didn't know where I was. I thought I was in my childhood home with my Mum and Dad.

Then later something else happened. My boyfriend got a new tv last week and was setting it up today. I kept shouting downstairs "How's the new tv stand?" He didn't get a tv stand so why did I say that? I was convinced he had a new stand.

He ended up getting mad with me.

My tinnitus is worse today and I keep getting muscle jerks. I cut my diazepam this week. I feel like I'm going insane. Please help. Gilly x

Hi Gilly

I don't know why you are experiencing this but you are certainly not going insane.

Coming off the drugs is just jumbling up your memories and that is why you are getting this feeling you are back in your childhood. 

Try not to worry.  It will pass.

Hugs

Fiona  :smitten:

So sorry you're feeling so bad Gilly. It's your cut, it will pass.

Perhaps it's time to start reducing by .25 mg, or go to liquid titration?

Thanks solitudeseeker. It is good of you to get back to me. I am on a break from cutting at the moment. I usually do reduce by .25ml of my vodka titration. Sometimes I will have the odd go at .5mg but I can't do it very often. I am certainly very sensitive to the diazepam. So it seems like I will be on it forever. Hope you are okay, my Off Topic pal! Gilly x