Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Do you have heart palpitations 24/7

[Ri...]

Let me just tell you guys, these nasty palpitations are the worst symptom for me. I take propranolol every day and it seems to suppress heart racing. These palps make me agitated and lead me to anxiety attacks, without palpitations I am calm and relaxed.

By the way, I have done tests and seen a cardiologist for a few times. This doctor says threre is nothing wrong with my heart. Recently I noticed that 15 mg of propranolol I take every morning does help me but not too much really. I take a second dose 10 mg before bedtime.

Do you have any idea how to stop my racing heart, which causes me anxiety and depression?

All I can say if it you can somehow accept that "it is what it is", and not fret about it, you'll feel a lot better.

Sleep on your right side, stay busy, listen to music, pretend you are normal. Soon enough you will be.

I try to distract myself and I feel somewhat lucky not to be awakened by any nocturnal palpitations.

Meowie, you are right I sleep always on my right side. I pretend nothing is happening to me, but these palps are really annoying. I will not wish anybody to experience such symptoms...

It is probably part of withdrawal as i started having faster heartbeat and take metoprolol which is also for my "skipped" beats.

Hang in there. I am sure you will have better days when it is calm.