Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Can anyone advise on eyelid twitching please?

[Ma...]

Hi Buddies,

It's my forth day off Benzo's, for the past two days mornings have been easier which is weird - I can actually get to my course by 9am although I feel like a zombie, really weird.

Since I've jumped my eyelid twitching has got worse whilst my morning anxiety lowers. Today my left eyelid would have 20 second twich parties and I had to turn my head to hide it so no one could see. Did anyone experience this or know when the twitches may reduce in severity? It's funny, they sort of started becoming gradually more prominent a day after I jumped so I *know* it's the withdrawal. Thanks for any advice

Hi Matt,

I know what you mean about the eye twitching...I had a hard time with eye contact because of it. I kept thinking others could see it, but I don't think they really could. I've asked my bf before if he saw my eyes twitch and he said he didn't, but I would have swore it was noticeable.

It was worse right after I jumped like you. It isn't even there any longer after 4 months. I think it'll improve for you, it's just one more annoying w/d sx to get beyond...but you will! So hang in there and don't worry too much about other people seeing it happen, because the odds are they won't. One less thing for you to have to worry about! 

Take care...you're really doing well! You have some really positive posts and that's always a good sign..~CeCe

Hi Cece, thankyou so much for your thoughts and reassurance regarding my eye twitches. It's good to know that I am not alone, I will continue to try to stay positive. Thanks again

I had the same issue.  Mine was on my eyelids and on my lips. Primarily the bottom lip. It's very irritating but it did go away after a couple months