Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Facial acne, milia? From benzo withdrawal?

[He...]

Has anyone gotten MILIA from benzo withdrawal  or any other ugly bumps or acne from withdrawal?

Milia are tiny little bumps on the skin that are not pimples. They are tiny bumps that are filled with keratin, skin that should have been shed but gets caought under the top layer of skin causing what looks like little white or skin  colored bumps.

I have gotten tons of them on my face in the past few weeks. They are so ugly! They won't go away!

It's gotten me really depressed.

Anyone have any idea what to do to prevent them from keeping coming? I REALLY  NEED HELP WITH THIS,

Thanks,

Heathcliff

Has anyone gotten MILIA from benzo withdrawal  or any other ugly bumps or acne from withdrawal?

Milia are tiny little bumps on the skin that are not pimples. They are tiny bumps that are filled with keratin, skin that should have been shed but gets caought under the top layer of skin causing what looks like little white or skin  colored bumps.

I have gotten tons of them on my face in the past few weeks. They are so ugly! They won't go away!

It's gotten me really depressed.

Anyone have any idea what to do to prevent them from keeping coming? I REALLY  NEED HELP WITH THIS,

Thanks,

Heathcliff

Hi Heathcliff,

I have gotten these since my w/d. Not so much on my face, but in the early acute days, I was itching so bad I would get welts and these teeny tiny little red bumps that turned, like you said ..into a skin colored bunch of bumps. I even got this stuff for bumpy skin (lotion), but it's not very good lotion...either that or these things are just that stubborn. Mine are located on my upper arms and calves...not too happy about it, but I'm going to continue trying lotions for rough bumpy skin until I find one that works. I'll keep you posted...and hope you'll do the same!  ~CeCe   

Thanks for your reply CeCe,

I dine think what you have are milia. MILIA don't itch. I could be wrong, but if I find out any more, I will surely keep you posted.

Heathcliff

Eat the best quality diet you can--my skin (and hair) is soo much better since I improved my diet, really the best it's been in my life. It takes a while, but it is worth it.

Yes I have one on my face that an aesthetician diagnosed. (now I need the $$ to go have a facial). I think it's detox in general. I've changed my diet and drinking fresh veg juices and I also have a lot of lower face acne at age 58, suddenly. Sorry if TMI but also since doing this my #2 is smelly which was not the case. Junk coming out. As to the milia, I think she said they have to use a cannula to remove it.

It's good signs but what a pain in the butt!  :tickedoff:

Heath!  I had this!  It came on last March and lasted about 6 wks.  Bumps all over my face.  I used a very strong acne wash and it helped a lot - don't know if they were ready to go away anyway(?).  It was awful.  Another one of those "what's next!".

I'm a little wary of acne products on sensitive skin but glad it worked for you, Lynn. I'm thinking of a clay product to draw out the toxins on my lower face. BTW milia is not acne, as Heathcliff did describe. It has to be removed, the aesthetician said it's like a tiny piece of tissue. If there is another way, I'd be glad to read about it!!!

your skin is the best detoxing system on earth - so yes, thats due to wd.

My skin is better now (7 months off), like a new-born. Never would have thought this. If the dark circles weren't there, my face would be so pretty :D

But I am now a newborn with a sleeping issue, i think.. :idiot:

The small bumps all over my face looked like acne but were not.  Some of the bumps were fluid-filled (like water blisters).  The scrub that I used was very strong - it bleached my washcloth!  This condition came on practically overnight after a very rapid taper (70% in 6 wks).  I don't know if it was milia or not, but it wasn't acne.  It was absolutely wd. It has not come back - knock on wood!