Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Debilitating fatigue, any help?

[...]

Has anyone else suffered debilitating fatigue while tapering and have you found anything that helps?  Some days I'm on the couch all day (and had a lot of this before the taper-I think it was tolerance withdrawal causing it.)  Thanks!

The fatigue is BRUTAL, don't know anything to help counter it. I try to stay away from gluten, dairy and sugar/coffee.  It's supposed to help??? 

At times I find the fatigue brutal as well. It seems like it's very common. I do everything I can to just keep moving a bit. It honestly helps...tiny steps. In time, just hope it will pass. Nothing else I can do. I don't specifically watch my diet etc. Having coffee or no coffee makes no difference. Maybe just watch tv. Shop online. Keep on going and if you just can't rest. Sometimes we need that to heal. Our bodies have taken a lot of punishment so it makes sense we feel exhausted. But, no it's a rough sxs. You're not alone. B

I think the hard thing is that we are desperate for rest, but our bodies are constantly and literally wired up and real rest is not possible.Same thing with sleep. Our bodies want to sleep. We are exhausted beyond anything, but no, our benzo minds do their own thing and keep us up all night.

It is no wonder we are exhausted. I am surprised by how much our poor bodies can take.