Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Three Month Update

[ar...]

I have been away for three months after I finished my taper.  I wanted to share with everyone what happened and my current progress.

The first two weeks were a bit rough.  It felt like I had the flu mainly but I was not deathly sick, just the benzo flu with a lot of muscle soreness.  I also had random diarrhea but it wasn't too bad.  The third week I started feeling better and I was able to take a vacation trip with my wife to go fishing and kayaking. It was very challenging but I still had a good time.  The benzo flu was starting to go away and the diarrhea was getting less frequent maybe once every few days.  The first month was rough but I was still trying to live life.  I kept most of my feelings to myself and toughed it out so I didn't ruin our vacations for my wife.  :)  The diarrhea stopped after the first month.

The second month was WAYYYY better as the symptoms were starting to slowly become less intense.  The third month was a huge turning point.  When I do get symptoms they're just a bit annoying so I just tell them to F!@% off!  LOL!!  So what symptoms are left?  Random minor dizzies, random muscle twitching which is minor , random bouts of nausea that occur maybe once every two weeks, some minor head discomfort once in awhile and vibrating muscles on the bottom of my left foot....LOL!!.  I should keep a list of symptoms but I am starting to not think of benzo withdrawal lately.  My mental and cognitive skills are good and sharp.

So what are the positives?  Well I sleep well.  I sleep from 6 to 8 hours, I wake up a few times but I fall back asleep..  I have energy coming back and it feels great.  I don't get tired like I used to while tapering.  I can drive long distances.  I drove 5 hours the first month off, crazy right?  I have no withdrawal anxiety around people etc...

I guess to simply put it I am living life with minor symptoms.  I was worried things were going to get worse after the first month but it never happened.  Things just SLOWLY got better.  I am working on my resume` and hope to get back to work soon.

I guess my best advice is once you're off and done with your taper STAY OFF.  Don't reinstate.  I can feel the healing happening and it feels great.  I'll come back to give a 6 month update.  Feel free to PM me with questions.  Hang in there it does get better.  You won't believe me now in the throws of withdrawal but it does get better.

Congrats Arcade, youre so lucky to heal  pretty much, I'm 3 months out too and still struggling, I have good days anyway and hoping to be better soon.

Congrats Arcade, youre so lucky to heal  pretty much, I'm 3 months out too and still struggling, I have good days anyway and hoping to be better soon.

MCM,

Hang on to those good days because it shows that you're healing.  Hang in there because TIME is your healer.

So very happy for you arcade!. Your story gives me hope that there's a light at the end of the tunnel. Wonderful that you're living your life again. :smitten:

Thanks all.  The first few weeks really sucked but I knew I had to tough through it and there were no shortcuts.  At this point it's a lot easier compared to tapering.  Although I still have symptoms they're not knocking me on my ass.  More of an annoyance but the intensity is getting lighter.  I am sure at some point it will fade away to the point I won't notice it.

Hey etown,

This is great news! I love your positive attitude, it's contagious!  Good luck to you and thanks for the sunshine you brought to our day! 

~CeCe        :mybuddy:

:thumbsup:

Hey etown,

This is great news! I love your positive attitude, it's contagious!  Good luck to you and thanks for the sunshine you brought to our day! 

~CeCe        :mybuddy:

• 2 weeks later...