Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ladies, can you relate? I'm worried!

[sl...]

13 months off...

I have always had normal periods (5-6 day cycles) and they were normal up until last month.  That cycle lasted 12 days.  I brought this up recently and heard back from a bb friend, but I'm really hoping to hear from more people who are closer in age and don't have pre menopausal issues having a role in symptoms (I am 35 years old).  I am currently on this month's cycle and I've been bleeding for 14 days!  It has been light-medium for the last 3 days. 

I will call and make an appointment, but just want to know how common this is in wd?  To be honest, I am worried about cancer or other ailments.  I hope I'm just experiencing benzo hypochondria!

This new problem has altered my top 5 physical concerns:

1- sleep deprivation/sleep disturbances/fatigue

2- menstrual issues

3- rapid pulse

4- burning skin

5- muscle spasms and tremors

I could live with #4 and 5 if the others would just go away! 

My hormones are so messed up from the wothdrawals. I had spotting frequently which was scary for me.

Good luck healing! It's a long journey for sure.

Thanks ladies. I'm guessing that very lengthy periods like mine are not that common with women in my age group since nobody is telling me they had this like I am. I have done a search on here and can only find one person who had a very long period and she was a complete wreck from all of her symptoms and disappeared from the forum after that :(  I'm going to see my doctor.  This is just nuts.  I am still bleeding. 

Forgot to mention that in my search, I found that short periods seem to be common around here.  I wonder what the difference is between lengthy and short ones?