Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What next after rescue dose?

[ti...]

I was so upset yesterday, the only "crisis" line we have is an authoritarian govt agency

I was down to 1.25 and ended up with 4.25 still no sleep

What do I do now? Restart at 1.25 or take less to balance?

Do I get worse sxs now?

you don't describe much about how you  got to 1.25. i would go back to 1.25 and ignore that you took that. also, i have experienced the same thing (not on taper but when i was using regular dose - that if i was upset, i could take way more and it would still do no good). so the next time you are upset, just realize it may be a waste of time taking more, and doesn't help your taper. its better to focus on the fact that you can't control some bouts of sleeplessness, you will survive, and just accept however your body chooses to sleep or not. if you don't sleep hopefully you will make it up the next night. sorry theres not better choices!

Thanks, I guess I wasnt clear I started tapering again .01 down from 1.25 since Oct 8.

I hope I dont get horrible kindling now. And you are right, I wont use it in the future. I actually found a guided sleep meditation on you tube at about 4am which surprisingly helped

go back to original dose. 1 off won't do much harm I hope. clonazepam is not a sleep med. and higher doses wont get you to sleep

ask for non benzo sleep med, seroquel, remeron etc

go back to original dose. 1 off won't do much harm I hope. clonazepam is not a sleep med. and higher doses wont get you to sleep

Remeron stopped working. There is a thread about what happened when I tried to get a sedating ad. Lets just say there are no mental health care providers here, just govt run rehabs that take care of court appointed care for criminals

try seroquel 25mg and gabapentin 300-600mg. the second does work wonders for sleep, might take a while to work

Remeron stopped working. There is a thread about what happened when I tried to get a sedating ad. Lets just say there are no mental health care providers here, just govt run rehabs that take care of court appointed care for criminals

Upping one day will do no harm but it rarely does much good. I am lucky. Remeron gets me to sleep at at night 300 mg gabapentin does not put me to sleep but relaxes me enough to let the remeron do it's job. Lately though I've been waking up at 4:30. I get up and go to the bathroom (may as well) but then I can fall back asleep pretty quickly. Often it's the burning that wakes me up. Nasty, nasty stuff. B

Thanks, I cant get one freaking useless dr to prescribe any freaking thing to help me

But they sure are going to bill me though

Sorry for the rant, struck out at the gyn today