Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

is your benzo less effective on a full stomach?

[1o...]

Didn't know which thread to put this but a problem for me has always been that on a full stomach Klonopin has little effect. If I eat a full meal and it is not time to take the med, I will wait, then take it maybe two hours after a meal and it will not work or is weak.

If I do take the benzo, wait half an hour, then cook my meal and eat. It usually kicks in by then, so my food is on top of my med, and not the opposite. I think that this will interfere with my taper. I eat at odd hours. I don't really eat much breakfast,

then eat a late lunch at between two or three in the afternoon. Then supper might be at five or as late as eight or nine at night. I don't know how to manage to take the pill first then eat. I guess I need to schedule out my plan better. Klonopin is stronger when taken when I get up on an empty stomach and weaker the rest of the time. That is the strongest it will be.  :(

I don't know the science of this but it's something I ponder often. I always feel it more on an empty stomach but I'm trying not to ovetthink anything these days so I just take it whenever it's time, full or empty stomach. I'm sure it matters less with a long half life drug like valium as opposed to klonopin or ativan. I do take my Valium first thing in the morning on an empty stomach to take care of that AM anxiety right away.

Not quite the same thing, but when I was on Ativan before I realized how evil benzos are, I used to love taking my tablet with a hot cup of coffee. It seemed to melt it quicker and I'd feel it quicker, and the combination of the sedating effect with the energizing effect of the caffeine was just really a good feeling. Ah, I miss that. If only they actually worked long term, huh? ::)