Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Who is celebrating Christmas?

[ti...]

And how are you doing it with your taper?

My daughter has the decorating, decided to skip cards this year. Also thinking maybe Amazon gift cards?? Trying to make this as easy as possible

Any thoughts?

Hi tinwi,

I think gift cards are a great idea. They're easy and personally I love getting them and this year that is exactly what I'll be giving. I just don't have the energy to to it any other way.

I'm also skipping cards and decorating is going to be kept to a minimum.

We'll be going to my bf daughter's house for 'celebrating' and that's going to take all I can handle, just to get ready to go  over there and put on a somewhat happy face.... :-[

You have some great ideas, I think! 

Hi tinwi,

I think gift cards are a great idea. They're easy and personally I love getting them and this year that is exactly what I'll be giving. I just don't have the energy to to it any other way.

I'm also skipping cards and decorating is going to be kept to a minimum.

We'll be going to my bf daughter's house for 'celebrating' and that's going to take all I can handle, just to get ready to go  over there and put on a somewhat happy face.... :-[

You have some great ideas, I think!

Thank you CeCeToo.  Didn't even think about the meal.  Its usually by my inlaws.  I skipped last year. I do however have to buy some wrappable gifts for my two kids. Gift bags are great.

One Christmas while in tolerance withdrawal we left the wrapping paper from all of the family gifts a complete disaster all over the family room floor for about a week...maybe the tree was up till February....it was withdrawal at its finest....ugghhh ....that was somethin else...lol...

One Christmas while in tolerance withdrawal we left the wrapping paper from all of the family gifts a complete disaster all over the family room floor for about a week...maybe the tree was up till February....it was withdrawal at its finest....ugghhh ....that was somethin else...lol...

LOL!!  :laugh: I can relate, H&F....I've done this, I was so embarrassed, but I really couldn't do much about it!

tinwi...Gift bags are a great idea, in a way it's like two gifts in one, because they can save the bag and use it again! That's what I do!  :)

I love Amazon cards. I get a bunch for my birthday every year. This year I'm having Thanksgiving with some friends I haven't seen in 15 years. Looking forward not to cooking. Anyone wanna give me their Amazon cards? :laugh:

I love Amazon cards. I get a bunch for my birthday every year. This year I'm having Thanksgiving with some friends I haven't seen in 15 years. Looking forward not to cooking. Anyone wanna give me their Amazon cards? :laugh:

Hey, I found you! I look at your avatar and want to yell, "put on a sweater already now that you're in Ohio!"

I can't think Christmas. I took an old orange acorn squash and gave it a pumpkin face. It's by the front door. Looks more like someone dropped groceries.

I get lucky because  I get to celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas. A big part of Hanukkah, our feast of lights, is the food. I may not be grating the latkes by hand this year but I can buy them from Trader Joe's, At a pinch I can buy all the holiday food there, thank you Trader Joe's. Hopefully I will enjoy the festivities. Just being with the family will be good. But if things are not so good, 'Next year in Jerusalem'.

Hey, I found you! I look at your avatar and want to yell, "put on a sweater already now that you're in Ohio!"

I can't think Christmas. I took an old orange acorn squash and gave it a pumpkin face. It's by the front door. Looks more like someone dropped groceries.

:2funny: :2funny:

Ah shit, this just completely cracked me up. I haven't burst out laughing in ages, so thank you.

We didnt actually carve our pumpkins either. My youngest is 10 Saturday and he would rather be playing computer games

We made the shortest day ever at the pumpkin farm. Did the corn maze, ate a hot dogm bought pumpkins, left

Not even pictures. This year stinks cuz the village decided to make trick or treating on school nightsm interfering with skating and other things. I used to love Halloween

I always get the jump on Christmas because insurance open enrollment consumes the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas