Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I chickened out

[Mi...]

I was supposed to make my next cut today from .125 to .06 and instead I took .125  :-X oops lol

So I was getting my next dose ready for the morning and using my straight razor instead of cutting the .125 in half I just cut off about 10% of it. Will it be okay for me to do this for a week then cut off a little more then so on? Or should I just bite the bullet and go to .06?

So far me going from .25 daily to .125 has been smoothe. Really no side effects at all.

I'm ready to be done with this

[78...]
Michelle...I was looking at your signature and you haven't been on for long; I had an opportunity in the beginning to start mine and "chickened out"...I think you're doing great...I wish I were at your spot now...I feel I'll never get there; not even sure which cut and how to cut...the whole process is terrifying to me.

Michelle...I was looking at your signature and you haven't been on for long; I had an opportunity in the beginning to start mine and "chickened out"...I think you're doing great...I wish I were at your spot now...I feel I'll never get there; not even sure which cut and how to cut...the whole process is terrifying to me.

Thank you love! And exactly. It's like where to cut how much to cut I felt like the plan I had was a good one cutting half for two weeks then another half for more too weeks then off was good.. then people said take it slower then some said not to it's all confusing.

You'll get there! It's a process but so worth it

[78...]
Thank you...I just feel so scrambled, but so ready to start and have this nightmare behind me....keep pushing b/c you're almost there! :thumbsup:

Try not to beat yourself up over things. You'd be fine cutting a little off of a .125 before going to .06. As a matter of fact, you could probably go to .09 for 3-4 days before going to .06.

I turned it into a craft project; I made a chart and filled it in with colored pencils documenting the different cuts I made. It helped me get out of my head. Whatever it takes, just always remember that you'll get off this stuff pretty soon!

Think of it this way; doctors prescribe this stuff at .5-1mg a day. You're taking that amount over the course of a WEEK! It's a pretty low dosage, you're not feeling too bad, things are going pretty well. You're almost done so be ready to celebrate!

Thanks y'all! I think it's just the fear of the unknown that scares me so bad even though I could probably just jump and be fine!! (Not gonna do that though lol)

And are you asking how we cut out pills hardtocope?

[78...]
Yes Michelle; whatever has worked for you.....I just don't know where to start...I feel I'm in such a mess mentally now; don't know if I'm withdrawing from the ssri I was taken off of, but I don't feel like myself...I called this morning about a detox center near to where I live then they send you to a treatment facility; can't believe I'm in this mess...from happy, functional, to so low depression and non-functional with the med that was supposed to help with anxiety...

Yes Michelle; whatever has worked for you.....I just don't know where to start...I feel I'm in such a mess mentally now; don't know if I'm withdrawing from the ssri I was taken off of, but I don't feel like myself...I called this morning about a detox center near to where I live then they send you to a treatment facility; can't believe I'm in this mess...from happy, functional, to so low depression and non-functional with the med that was supposed to help with anxiety...

Try not to beat yourself up so much! It's going to get better love. For me I have .5mg pills and was only taking .25 a day. So I use my pill cutter to split the .5 pill then I use a razor to spot that so I have my dose of .125 and now I'm using my straight razor to cut more off of the .125

What made you want to get off the ssri?

[78...]
Thanks Michelle...I was so sick on the ssri...I had taken it in the past; way before this...made me have brain fog, dp/dr, anxiety, sick stomach...every sx imaginable...Not sure why I still feel so poorly but doctor stopped it CT...am three weeks out off of that and feel worse.

Ugh, I'm so sorry!

I have a bad med phobia. I was on Zoloft for a little bit (super tiny dose) and stopped t because taking meds makes me more anxious than not lol. I hope you start feeling better soon :(