Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

question

[km...]

I'm very close to being off my last dose and i have a question for all you people who are done with your taper.

do you think if you go slow enough you can stabilize at super low doses (like .5 mg valium, or .25) or that as you get to the end you just have to punch through some very uncomfortable symptoms? i have thought that you could always slow down to stabilize and that at low doses, you just need to slow down more. however, now that i am seeing what happens at super low doses, i am more skeptical and think that somehow you just have to punch through.

can anyone weigh in with your experiences?

kmerckx,

I did the punching through route, and I recommend slow and less painful!

ty

so you think if you slowed you would have stabilized? what did you jump from?

.5 is not a low dose in my opinion. That's where I started my taper. I tapered down to 0.02g

do you mean .02g =20 mg? thats not a low dose. I'm already at .5 mg temaz = .25 mg valium =0.00025 g valium.

or are you not talking about valium? if you mean down to 0.02 mg valium, then i can see what you mean. so if you did that, did you feel like it was more stable or more smooth without a tremor or train wreck at the end?

I did not even taper myself I quit cold turkey in rehab. But reading this I have to say, I have taken Valium in the past and 0.5mg or .25mg of valium is a very low dose. If your dose is that small I don't know if you would feel much at all taking it. If that is all you are taking once a day then I think you should be able to jump without a lot more pain. 5mg or 2.5mg of valium is not a small dose.

Once I hit 0.5 I went to 0.125.. That's the lowest dose you can get in a dissolvable tablet. After I stayed on that for a while I jumped. Good luck.