Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Pls help Xanax taper 2MG X1 at night

[Sa...]

I use Xanax for insomnia only at night never during day.  Can anyone please help with taper/dry cutting my dosage?

I am very new here and I'm trying to understand all the terminology and how to cut and taper on a 2 MG Xanax plan

I have the tablet form I don't have liquid form and I'm not clear on what the liquid titration means but I am cutting the tablets a small bit of the time waiting two weeks to get my body to adjust.  I'm experiencing slight insomnia which I know will be even greater when I cut more ringing in the ears and a stuffy head

My main goal is to nourish my body with good plant-based food, exercise and drink a lot of water during this tapering process

I am unclear on the dosages shared such a 0.125 MG etc. pardon my ignorance but if somebody could help me with that I would sure appreciate it

It took me almost 10 years of taking this horrible drug to realize I need to get off of it and so disappointed in my doctor for not warning me that this could be problematic later in the years

Any and all help is sincerely appreciated and thank you

Are you experiencing any other symptoms other than slight insomnia? How bad is the ringing ears?

Do you have .50 mg pills or 1 mg?

It is suggested to cut .0625 or 1/4 of a .25 mg pill every 7-10 days and then cut again. It is also suggested to dose 4 times a day with Xanax due to it's short half life to avoid inter dose symptoms, but if you are only experiencing slight insomnia you may only have to dose once a day and start cutting that dose.

I have heard of some people who only dosed once a day on Xanax and tapered doing that.

Many many thanks for your response.  I am cutting down the 2 mg tablet by 1/4 at night as that's when I would take it for insomnia.  I was gong to give it 2 weeks at this dose, see how I feel them go to half a tablet if my body allows.

I take it at 10pm and awake by 2am so the insomnia is hard and the ringing in ears and new stiff neck aren't helping.

I'm unclear reading the numerical dosages as I am cutting a 2 mg tablet, not clear on the 0.125 equivalents etc.  Any help is appreciated

It would be very hard to cut a 2 mg pill and do the cutting per the Ashton method.  I had problems cutting a 1 mg pill. 

I will say this, if possible, I would stay with dosing once a day.  I have done that and not having any problems whatsoever.

Any chance your doctor would prescribed a smaller mg pill?  I now have .25 mg pills and hope the cutting will be easier.

I appreciate your reply many thanks

I take it that you are using the titration method judging from your numbers that you have posted on your taper is that correct ?