Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Oh No! I've been splitting and storing .25 Klonopin oral tabs and need advice!

[ny...]

I didn't know you're not supposed to do this.  I switched over to these at .25 and have been taking tablets that are weighed and stored a week in advance.  So what has been happening? I'm on .07 now with a couple of weeks to go. Have I been taking tabs that have lost their potency?  Or are dangerous?  I'm feeling really good and thinking of jumping especially if I have been taking low doses and their potency is even lower than that.  I am concerned if anyone has answers.

I most assuredly can tell you you are almost recovered!!!  You weathered an uneven daily dose and it didn't affect your well being..you are considering jumping!!!

Nothing BAD was ever in the equation..it was simply a matter of not knowing where in the tablet the active ingredient was...in your case everything was obviously where it should be.

I am proud of you, party on!

I most assuredly can tell you you are almost recovered!!!  You weathered an uneven daily dose and it didn't affect your well being..you are considering jumping!!!

Nothing BAD was ever in the equation..it was simply a matter of not knowing where in the tablet the active ingredient was...in your case everything was obviously where it should be.

I am proud of you, party on!

Choco thanks!!!  But I'm not sure I understand.  Are you saying the drug is divided unevenly in the oral tabs? Or that the potency is lessened?  And you say I'm recovered because I am taking a small dose be it uneven, and the dose has lost potency? 

I didn't know you're not supposed to do this.  I switched over to these at .25 and have been taking tablets that are weighed and stored a week in advance.  So what has been happening? I'm on .07 now with a couple of weeks to go. Have I been taking tabs that have lost their potency?  Or are dangerous?  I'm feeling really good and thinking of jumping especially if I have been taking low doses and their potency is even lower than that.  I am concerned if anyone has answers.

1. I've been asking this question myself for years on end now and still haven't found any answer on the internet about this. How long will these tablets keep after splitting them ? I would like to know too and how to store best after splitting.

2. Either way nyc2016 in your case it doesn't really matter anymore because I think they will have not lost any potency in that small time frame you will or have been using them and they still will be oké after a few weeks or days.... that's what I really would like to find out too.

3. You're doing well and are almost off so it doesn't really matter anymore.

1. I've been asking this question myself for years on end now and still haven't found any answer on the internet about this. How long will these tablets keep after splitting them ? I would like to know too and how to store best after splitting.

2. Either way nyc2016 in your case it doesn't really matter anymore because I think they will have not lost any potency in that small time frame you will or have been using them and they still will be oké after a few weeks or days.... that's what I really would like to find out too.

3. You're doing well and are almost off so it doesn't really matter anymore.

Thanks TR!  I found nothing on the internet as well.  Sounds like it might be an exposure to oxygen thing.  I will call my pharmacist and follow up, he knows benzos and withdrawal very well. 

I spoke with my pharmacist.  He felt they might lose some potency due to humidity, but since I stored them air tight should be OK.  I hope they did lose potency, then I have gone through most of the withdrawals all ready. Thanks all

i would go as low as 0.01, at least thats my plan, you be surprised how much 0.07 can affect your brain

I spoke with my pharmacist.  He felt they might lose some potency due to humidity, but since I stored them air tight should be OK.  I hope they did lose potency, then I have gone through most of the withdrawals all ready. Thanks all

Is this klonopin-specific or all benzos? I've been cutting my Valium a week in advance the whole time up to this cut. At this last cut, I started doing it the night before, just because they crumble so much. I wouldn't say I store them airtight, just in an old weekly pill box that doesn't close as tightly as the nice new ones that I've seen. Hmm.

Is this klonopin-specific or all benzos? I've been cutting my Valium a week in advance the whole time up to this cut. At this last cut, I started doing it the night before, just because they crumble so much. I wouldn't say I store them airtight, just in an old weekly pill box that doesn't close as tightly as the nice new ones that I've seen. Hmm.

Hi S+P  :hug: they'll be fine  Before I knew any different I was storing Cut Diazepam in my loose lid pill  splitter sat on my side board and took pills from there months later none had lost potency, and that was sat next to the heat from my TV and Tivo box as well  :)

Love Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi S+P  :hug: they'll be fine  Before I knew any different I was storing Cut Diazepam in my loose lid pill  splitter sat on my side board and took pills from there months later none had lost potency, and that was sat next to the heat from my TV and Tivo box as well  :)

Yes, the .5mg, 1mg, 2mg should be fine to split, but how about the .25?  Those are the dissolvable and the instructions are to put the whole pill in your mouth immediately upon opening the foil.  Because of those instructions specific to the orally dissolvable pill I wonder about potency days out.

Glad to hear it, thank you for reassuring me! :smitten: